Before antibiotics became the main anti-infective therapy used by our healthcare system, ultraviolet blood irradiation (UBI or UVB) was used widely in the 1940s and 1950s to treat illnesses such as pneumonia, arthritis, sepsis, tuberculosis and poliomyelitis.
UBI is a safe, non-toxic and drug-free method of treatment for blood-borne viruses and infections. UVI works by exposing the blood to light to heighten the body’s immune response and to kill infections. With exposure to UV light, a chain reaction takes place that regulates the immune system, thereby making it more efficient to fight bacterial and viral infections. Interestingly, bacteria and viruses in your bloodstream absorb five times as much photonic energy as do your red and white blood cells.
UBI can be an immune-modulating therapy and support conditions such as chronic infections, chronic fatigue, autoimmune diseases, lymph cancer, psoriasis and much more.
UBIs are delivered intravenously and can provide a myriad benefits for a person's overall health.
Ultraviolet Blood Irradiation Benefits
- Oxygenates body tissues
- Destroys fungal, viral, and bacterial growth
- Stimulates red blood cell production
- Improves circulation
- Anti-inflammatory and anti-infective
- Activates cortisone-like molecules, sterols, into vitamin D
- Improves detoxification the body’s ability to detoxify and inactivate or remove toxins
- Can metabolize cholesterol, uric acid and glucose
- Can reduce pain in soft tissue
- Balancing effect
If you're interested in scheduling a UBI, please contact us today.