In this episode of HealthMade Radio, Dr. Michael Karlfeldt discusses confidence with Dr. Nate Zinsser, director of West Point’s influential Performance Psychology Program shares the secrets of mental toughness and self-belief in this new definitive guide to building and mastering confidence.
Topics discussed include
- A Mind aligned allows the body to make productive changes in the body and constructive changes in performance.
- The first victory is one over doubt and fear, followed up with a victory against the ‘other team.’
- The fine line between Confidence and Realism
- Inner Freedom and True Self
- Keeping your mistakes limited to where they occur
- How to take the perspective that setbacks are not representative of me – “that’s not my whole story.”
About Dr. Nate Zinsser
Dr. Nate Zinsser is the Director of the Performance Psychology Program at the United States Military Academy at West Point, the most comprehensive mental training program in the country, where, since 1992, he has helped prepare cadets for leadership in the U.S. Army. He also has been the sport-psychology mentor for numerous elite athletes, including two-time Super Bowl MVP Eli Manning and the NHL’s Philadelphia Flyers, and many Olympians and NCAA champions. In addition, Dr. Nate Zinsser has been a consultant for the FBI Academy, U.S. Army Recruiting Command, and the Fire Department of New York. He earned his Ph.D. in sports psychology from the University of Virginia and his senior black belt rank from Shotokan Karate of America.
His book, The Confident Mind: A Battle-Tested Guide to Unshakable Performance, was released in January 2022.
Follow Dr. Nate Zinsser
About HealthMade Radio
In an avid pursuit of worldly knowledge, Dr. Michael Karlfeldt conducts weekly interviews on HealthMade Radio with global integrative health experts, scientists, philanthropists, and entrepreneurs. These interviews are shared on our page to promote a community of health and education.
Health is what you make it!