Dr. Teitelbaum says that 31% of adults suffer from severe chronic fatigue, and researchers estimate between 3.7 to 12 million Americans have fibromyalgia syndrome (FMS). This week on HealthMade Radio, Dr. Karlfledt interviews Dr. Jacob Teitelbaum. Dr. T battled CFS and fibromyalgia while attending medical school in the mid 70’s. In his struggle to heal, he discovered treatments that were unknown to the medical community and began a quest that became his life’s passion — helping those who suffer from these debilitating illnesses. The S.H.I.N.E.® Protocol treatment program he developed has helped tens of thousands of sufferers reclaim the vitality CFS/FMS once robbed from their lives. This protocol is scientifically proven with 91% effectiveness!
In a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study, 91 percent of treated patients experienced moderate to a marked improvement in their symptoms using the SHINE protocol that addresses the body’s deficiencies. A 2-year follow up showed that patients continued to improve despite being able to wean off most treatments.
Listen to this episode to learn:
- Learn the two symptoms that indicate you have low thyroid
- Discover the one dead give away symptom for adrenal fatigue
- Find out why Dr. Teitelbaum recommends turning off the news to support healing
- Learn why its more important to treat the patient’s symptoms than the lab results
Throughout the interview, Dr. T provides suggested herbal supplements, dietary changes, and protocols related to specific symptoms offering hope for those suffering from debilitating chronic pain and fatigue.
Highlights of the protocol:
S – SLEEP- The Body’s Opportunity rest and restore
- It is critical to get 8-9 hours of deep sleep each night
- Lack of deep stages of sleep: Hypothalamic dysfunction drop in blood sugar infections, problems with reflux and Hormone dips
- Listen in to learn the top 3 suggested herbal/mineral supplements suggested for obtaining deep, restful sleep
H – HORMONES – The Body’s Control System produced by glands and controlled by the hypothalamus
Even mild under-production of hormones (deficiency) can be associated with many health problems that can leave people sick, tired, craving sugar, “brain-fogged,” and in pain!
- Thyroid – your body’s gas pedal
- Adrenal (cortisol & DHEA) – the stress handler
- Ovaries (estrogens and progesterone) and testes (testosterone)
I – INFECTIONS – Most notable is yeast/fungal overgrowth
- Presume Candida infection is present is you have two or more of these symptoms: Sinusitis, Spastic colon, Irritable Bowel, Gas
- Look for other infections as well – parasites, viral, antibiotic sensitive, etc. based on symptoms
N – NUTRITIONAL DEFICIENCIES – Pain is not the Enemy – Warning It’s like a warning light on your body’s dashboard that your body is deficient
- Reduce Sugar
- Increase Salt
- Increase Water
- Choose a supplement that will support your body’s deficiencies
- Listen in to learn what mineral can help support the body and reduce migraines and join pain
E – Exercise as Able
Your body is in an energy crisis. Exercising as you heal, improves your health body and mind.
Pain is not an outside invader. It’s a regular alert system. When you give your body what it needs, the pain goes away.
Listen to learn:
- Herbal and natural remedies for pain, including internal and topical resources that are available.
- Find out the free resources available online to pinpoint pain
Jacob Teitelbaum, MD, is a board certified internist and nationally known expert in the fields of chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, sleep and pain. He is also Director of the the Practitioners Alliance Network (PAN) and author of numerous books including The Fatigue and Fibromyalgia Solution (Avery), the best-selling From Fatigued to Fantastic! (Avery Penguin), Pain Free 1-2-3 — A Proven Program for Eliminating Chronic Pain Now (McGraw-Hill), Three Steps to Happiness! Healing Through Joy (Deva Press), the Beat Sugar Addiction NOW! series (Fairwinds Press), Real Cause, Real Cure (Rodale), and the popular free iPhone and Android application “Cures A-Z.” He is the lead author of four studies on effective treatment for fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome, and a study on effective treatment of autism using NAET. Dr. Teitelbaum does frequent media appearances including Good Morning America, CNN, Fox News Channel, the Dr. Oz Show and Oprah & Friends. He lives in Kona, Hawaii.