Mental health is an important element of physical health. In fact, many studies are revealing that there is a connection between mental wellness and physical wellness. Dr. Michael Karlfeldt explains briefly how depression could be a symptom of inflammation.
Looking for some simple, natural ways to relieve symptoms of mood disorders?
Here are a few ways Dr. Michael Karlfeldt suggests to reduce inflammation exposure to reduce the likelihood of mood issues including depression, anxiety, and others.
- Filter your air and water
- Purchase products that are free of known carcinogens, and endocrine disrupters such as parabens, different fragrances and sodium laurel or laureth sulfate, and pthalates, tricolsan, and other chemicals in your environment. Remove them as they can produce inflammation in your brain.
- Eat organic produce, pastured meat and dairy, make your own cleaning products from household ingredients vinegar, tea tree oil or purchase similar products with few ingredients.
- Avoid eating or drinking from heated plastics. This has a sizeable impact on your liver.
- Avoid cell phone use as much as possible. When you have the cell phone near your brain (head), there is a heating element and that will impact how your brain functions.
- Avoid processed foods and sugar.
- Consume low-mercury fish. Carefully consider the risk and benefit of all elective medical intervention.
These are all things you can do to reduce the inflammation in your brain, and also will benefit how you feel emotionally.
Discover more about Inflammation
Photo by Tamara Bellis on Unsplash.