Brain function remains a great mystery to all people, despite the intense focus on the brain over the last several decades. Research on the brain, how it functions, and treating its disorders has exploded over the past several decades, and yet problems and conditions of the brain are still not well understood. In this episode, Dr. Michael Karlfeldt explores the topic of neurology with Dr. David Stephens. Dr. Stephens has seen the impact of glucose limiting events and their relation to Fibromyalgia, ADHD, Autism, Anxiety, Depression, Diabetes, Autoimmune Conditions, Neuropathy, Dementia, and much more. Be ready for a paradigm shift in how we view sugar.
Fueling the brain can help it recover from injury, psychological trauma, and life events:
- The brain controls the body. People often don’t think about the implication of that and the extent of that control over the body.
- Several chemicals and substances fuel the brain, but its primary fuel is glucose, also a necessary fuel for the rest of the body.
- Glucose fuels the body and the brain. Any “extra” leftover from those two purposes converts to glycogen and stores in the liver and elsewhere throughout the body.
- Trauma causes a reduction of glucose to the brain.
- The cumulative nature of events causes brain fuel to lessen. The result is ailments such as depression, anxiety, dementia, Diabetes, Autoimmune Conditions, Neuropathy.
- Symptoms and aliments are eliminated by consistently feeding the brain fuel.
More About Dr. Stephens
Dr. Stephens is the President and Co-Founder of CorrValues, LLC. His expertise includes providing consultation, assessment, and training on correctional mental health; church and university safety and security and critical incident debriefing; and family issues, including premarital training, marriage training, and parenting training. He also provides direct clinical services, including having many years of experience providing counseling for marriages and individuals dealing with depression, anxiety, panic, substance abuse and other addictions, trauma, severe mental illnesses such as bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, and developmental issues, such as ADHD and autism. He has extensive experience helping couples improve and heal their marriage through premarital and marriage counseling, including working with the problems that arise with stepfamilies. He also specializes in assessing and treating concussions, dementia, and other cognitive issues that require neuropsychological expertise.
Dr. Stephens has just completed a new book, DESPONDENCY: THE REAL PANDEMIC.
Connect with Dr. Stephens
A detailed report on fueling the brain: Treatment of Brain Injuries and Mental Illness
In an avid pursuit of worldly knowledge, Dr. Michael Karlfeldt conducts weekly interviews on HealthMade Radio with global integrative health experts, scientists, philanthropists, and entrepreneurs. These interviews are shared on our page to promote a community of health and education.