Is mold on your health radar? Dr. Jill wants to make sure it is. In this episode of HealthMade Radio, Dr. Michael Karlfeldt interviews Dr. Jill Crista, a naturopathic doctor and one of the leading experts in treating mold-related illness, not only from her 20 years of working with patients but also because toxic mold sprouted in her own home. Mold can lurk without a trace or scent. If this is happening where you spend time, you could be sick from mold and not even know it! Dr. Jill Crista’s experience inspired her to write a book called Break The Mold. It clearly and simply outlines the tools that everyday people can use to conquer mold. Dr. Jill also trains doctors to become Mold-Literate and supports “Mold Canaries” through her membership portal.
Her motto: Break the mold, take back your health
In this episode, learn how mold isn’t a new problem; however, it’s becoming increasingly a bigger problem.
- Houses are built airtight, creating stagnant air, controlled temperature, and humidity. Also, we are using drywall covered in paper, one of mold’s favorite food.
- Discover how superbugs are created by the overuse of antifungals in our food supply in both the growing and development of food products.
- Learn how does mold makes the body sick?
- the different mold spores
- how mold metabolize and off-gases and create micro toxins
- Learn the symptoms of mold issues, how mold affects us uniquely, and symptoms can be diverse.
- Are all molds the same? Indoor toxic molds are all dangerous, and some molds can overwhelm the body quicker than others.
- Mold and healing from mold can feel like an insurmountable task; Dr. Jill provides a list of resources:
- Helping to heal mold issues with temporary diet changes with avoidance:
- Eliminating ferments & mushrooms
- Eliminating fungus laden foods such as corn, grains, peanuts, even apples, and grapes
- Cage-free eggs and organic dairy
- Digestive Enzyme, Vitamin B and D, citric acid are synthesized with fungus.
About Dr. Jill Crista
Dr. Jill Crista’s hope is to improve your health through education and empowerment. Her goal is to bridge gaps in understanding between medical research and clinical practice. Her books and online courses allow anyone to gain concrete steps to conquer environmental and neuroinflammatory conditions; such as mold exposure, concussion, autoimmune encephalopathies (PANDAS, PANS, AE, NADAL), and Lyme disease.
Connect with Dr. Jill Crista