Having suffered from two severe and chronic illnesses in his life (or likely one very long one with a reasonable remission in the middle), Scott Forsgren, FDN-P, wanted to create a means for sharing what Scott has learned with other people. But, equally important, Scott wanted to create a vehicle for learning even more about health and wellness from all of you that stopped by. On this episode of HealthMade Radio, Dr. Michael Karlfeldt interviews Scott about his protocols for detox and the impact it has had in the recovery of a variety of chronic illnesses, and what it means to “rest, digest, detox, and heal.”
The rise in chronic illness seems to be correlated to the rise in environmental toxins. The more toxic we become, the more hospitable we become as hosts for these various microbes.
In this episode, learn the following:
- Common mistakes made when beginning a detox protocol
- Why avoidance is the best option & things to avoid Mold, EMF, and toxic foods
- How difference between an aggressive detox protocol and slow/steady/gentle can be the difference between success and failure
- The importance of sympathetic dominance in hindering detox
- The impact of inflammation on the body and why it should be one of the first things to look at
- Watching out for redistribution of toxins and the importance of supporting the body’s ability for drainage
- The Phases of Detoxification and sources that can support it; including glutathione, trace minerals, herbs, homeopathy, and more
About Scott Forsgren
Scott has been diagnosed at one time or another with so many different conditions throughout his bouts with various chronic illnesses that he has lost count. The list of things that he has been told he may have had includes mononucleosis, chronic Epstein-Barr virus (EBV), Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS/CFIDS), Fibromyalgia (FMS), severe food allergies, Leaky Gut Syndrome, parasitic infections, Multiple Sclerosis (MS), heavy metal toxicity, Candida, Western Equine Encephalomyelitis (from a mosquito bite), Lyme Disease, Ehrlichia, Bartonella, Babesia, HHV-6, and others. “If only I had gotten a T-Shirt for each of these diagnoses, I’d be clothed for life.”
At some point, you don’t know where to turn or what to do next. Doctors often fail you. The almighty dollar drives the healthcare industry. No one seems to know what to do, and you have to take things into your own hands and do everything you can to improve your situation. If there is one thing Scott has learned through this, it is that there is always hope.
Follow Scott on Social Media
About HealthMade Radio
In an avid pursuit of worldly knowledge, Dr. Michael Karlfeldt conducts weekly interviews on HealthMade Radio with global integrative health experts, scientists, philanthropists, and entrepreneurs. These interviews are shared on our page to promote a community of health and education.
Health is what you make it!