The following are some simple detoxification protocols you can do at home to help keep your body detoxify and stay healthy. Detoxification is a natural process your body engages in ongoing, but with so much pollution and toxins in our environment, these are beneficial and greatly supportive of your body’s natural abilities to remove harmful pathogens and substances that can hinder robust health and optimal wellness maintenance.
- Organic Coconut Oil
- Peppermint essential oil (optional)
- Put 1-2 Tbsp of pure unrefined coconut oil in your mouth.
- Optional: Add 1-2 drops of peppermint essential oil.
- Swish around gently in your mouth for 20 minutes. Tip: do this while you are in the shower!
- Immediately afterwards, dispose of the oil, rinse your mouth out with warm water.
- Brush teeth as normal.
If you do not own your own infrared sauna, identify a spa or facility in your area that offers the use of their infrared sauna on a per-minute basis, or with a weekly membership. Spend up to 45 minutes per day in the infrared sauna, up to 140°.
If you do not have or can not locate an infrared sauna, use any other sauna, or even a steam room. Although the infrared sauna is most effective for detox, the most vital piece of this practice is that you are sweating for 20-45 minutes per day.
Epsom salt bath
- 1-2 cups of epsom salts
- 10 drops lavender essential oil (optional)
- 1 cup baking soda (optional)
- Add all to a hot bath and soak for 20 minutes.
- Drink plenty of water while you are in the tub.
Activated charcoal works like a magnet to attract toxins and release them from the body. Consume 2-3 activated charcoal tablets or capsules before bed, always (and most importantly) at least 2 hours after your last meal. Do not take activated charcoal within 1 hour of other supplements or any medications.
Photo by Jonas Dücker on Unsplash.