Luck is not rare. And it’s not designated to only a chosen few. Luck can be attained by anyone consciously. On this episode of HealthMade Radio Dr. Michael Karlfeldt interviews bestselling authors, and visionaries Gay Hendricks Ph.D. and Carol Kline as they share their insight into conscious luck, accepting ourselves, setting goals, and shifting intentions.
In this Episode Learn what are the factors that make people lucky:
- Discover how to use your mind for yourself rather than against yourself.
- Did you know there is fascinating scientific literature about optimism, mindset, and even lucky charms?
- Discover why it’s important it is to surround yourself with people who are empowering.
- What are the 3 criteria necessary for “Luck worthy” goals?
- Yes, Past Trauma/Feelings affect Luck but you can change that.
- Discover the importance of feeling “Radical Gratitude especially when negative circumstances impact your life.
- Find out why communication is an important factor in luck.
- Listen to the discussion about the value of appreciation and how it attracts luck and draws people to you.
- Listen to the end to learn the simple tip to begin becoming consciously lucky.
There is a whole body of scientific literature about positive psychology. Learned optimism, mindset, and research on lucky charms. People don’t realize that lucky charms work because you THINK they are lucky.
“… people who believe they are lucky actually perceive more of the opportunities that come their way. This is because the lucky person’s reticular activating system—the part of the brain that filters the barrage of incoming sensory input for important data—is on high alert for anything that could lead to a lucky result.
The second reason is that self-described lucky people are more confident and willing to take risks. Once they see an opportunity, they’re more likely to act on it.”Carol Kline
Be sure to pick up the book Conscious Luck: Eight Secrets to Intentionally Change Your Fortune it will help reprogram your thinking and who you are with a tremendous amount of practical exercises on how you are viewing the world and how to change your luck in it.
Carol Kline is a #1 New York Times bestselling author whose books include Happy for No Reason, Love for No Reason, five books in the Chicken Soup for the Soul series, and the upcoming Conscious Luck: Eight Secrets to Intentionally Change Your Fortune, co-authored with Gay Hendricks.
New York Times bestselling author Gay Hendricks, Ph.D., has served for more than forty years as one of the major contributors to the fields of relationship transformation and body-mind therapies. His books include Conscious Loving and The Big Leap.