Norman Plotkin is a cancer survivor, certified clinical hypnotherapist, advocate for people, and Author of two books, Take Charge of your Cancer and Master Mind Master Life – a book on the history of hypnosis and its ancient beginnings. The twists and turns of his journey have brought him through healing crises, from lobbyists and advocates for business and institutions to a coach of sorts helping others find organic, noninvasive solutions. On this episode of HealthMade Radio, Dr. Michael Karlfeldt interviews Norman Plotkin, a self-described mentalist who employs ancient wisdom and practices for modern mastery.
Hypnotherapy is a modality that can provide healing and be a path to wellness and integration without chemicals.
In this episode, learn:
- As a Cancer Survivor: the message learned from his cancer
- The definition of trauma (how it can be a bitter disappointment to an attack on your identity)
- The impact on our subconscious from early childhood
- The Difference between Brain & the Mind
- Understanding how memories are emotions and the neurochemistry behind our reactions
- Exploring Bad Habits: how the relationship with food is highly emotional
- When unresolved emotions create maladaptive behaviors.
- How Hypnotherapy helps in processing difficult emotions
- The Importance of Creating an environment for healing
Your subconscious programming has you living a predictable future based on an unreliable past, all of which steal your precious present moments.
Discover how to identify what thoughts keep you “stuck in a rut”
- Inventory of your experience review your relationship patterns
- Reflection vs. Reumenation
- Connecting gut, heart, brain instead of compartmentalizing
- Looking for context for behaviors/emotions
- Acknowledge your feelings, even the shadow feelings, and then choose a happier feeling a more pleasant direction
Tips for Self-hypnosis
- 10 steps count down the staircase
- End in a park setting
- On the bench is someone a hero/higher self
- Have a conversation: Ask why am I holding on to this? What easy step to get out of this?
- Wait for the answer
- Walk yourself back up the step
About Norman Plotkin
After my lifestyle made me sick and my illness changed the course of my life, I decided to find meaning in the experience and vowed to never again engage in the behaviors that led to my illness.
But what exactly were the factors?
After deep reflection and hard work – change is hard! – I did a deep dive into research that was off the conventional path…
Teachers began to appear and as the saying goes, when I changed the way I looked at things, the things I looked at changed.
My research led me to understand how cancer really develops and our own role in that development and how we can reverse the actions, behaviors, and emotions to reignite our powerful immune system so that it can do its job.
I learned about ways to engage in my own healing and recovery that were natural and noninvasive. And I detailed my findings in my book, Take Charge of Your Cancer, so that I can share them with you.
And I undertook study and research into the powerful subconscious mind and techniques for moving past the programming that our subconscious holds onto, which makes change so hard.
We have about 60,000 thoughts a day and about 90 percent of them are the same as they were yesterday. This is why change is so hard.
Come, let’s put the power of your subconscious mind to work for you today!
Connect with Norman Plotkin
About HealthMade Radio
In an avid pursuit of worldly knowledge, Dr. Michael Karlfeldt conducts weekly interviews on HealthMade Radio with global integrative health experts, scientists, philanthropists, and entrepreneurs. These interviews are shared on our page to promote a community of health and education.
Health is what you make it!